“‘What’s the magical words?’ my mom would say as I accepted a candy from my grandmother. I would look at her, curious. Then, she would whisper: ‘Thank you.’ And I would turn to my grandmother and whisper: ‘Thank you.’
As a child, those words seemed no more magical than these:
Only as we grow older do we realize the importance of using the right words at the right time.
What makes a magic word/sentence stand out?
Magical words are indications that highlight genuine kindness, appreciation, and understanding in a “perfect situation.” This means that at that moment, those words matter more than ever.
For example: A woman came to me a couple of years ago. She and I had never been friends or had any kind of relationship, even though she had been somewhat a part of my family for a couple of years. She said: “I understand why you are working the way you do, to take care of your family, and I have a lot of respect for that.”
It was unexpected. I had always felt as if this woman looked down on me.
I have made decisions many times for the well-being of my family, not always in ways that would be accepted by those around me. So, hearing that she, the one I least expected, saw the hardship that I went through for my family and respected me for it still means a lot to me to this day.
Example of Magical words/sentences:
- Thank you/You’re Welcome
- How are you doing?
- I love you.
- I Miss you.
- I am sorry.
- Thank you.
While there might not be specific “magic words” that universally make all humans feel special, expressing genuine kindness, appreciation, and understanding can bring about a “magical” feeling in that moment:
1. Compliments: Honest compliments about someone’s achievements, appearance, or personality can boost their confidence and make them feel valued.
Personally, I love spreading compliments. Seeing someone looking moody light up after receiving praise about something that matters to them improves my day.
2. Gratitude: Expressing gratitude for someone’s actions or presence shows you appreciate them. Simple thank-you messages can go a long way.
Life is hard. Period. So, it’s a big deal when someone puts their own life aside for a moment to help someone else. Last Friday, a colleague could have finished her work earlier but decided to help me out so that we both could leave at a reasonable time. Something I highly appreciated.
3. Encouragement: Providing encouragement and support can be a source of upliftment. Communicating your belief in someone can enhance their self-esteem.
The fastest way to see someone mentally grow is to encourage them to be the best version of themselves. If someone truly believes in their ability to reach further, the sky’s the limit.
4. Listening: Truly listening to someone, without interrupting or judging, makes them feel heard and understood. It conveys that their thoughts and feelings matter.
If you want to help someone grow their confidence, this is what you need to do. Make the person feel heard, understood, and loved.
5. Apologies: When necessary, a sincere apology can make someone feel special by acknowledging their feelings and demonstrating humility.
There’s nothing wrong with being wrong. Acknowledge it, learn from it, and evolve better.
6. Recognition: Acknowledging someone’s efforts and accomplishments, whether big or small, shows that you notice and value their contributions.
7. Surprises: Unexpected gestures, gifts, or acts of kindness can make someone feel special. It shows that you went out of your way to make them happy.
Nobody wants to experience solitude in this world. When someone makes the extra effort for you, it can hold immense significance for them.
8. Affectionate Words: Expressing affection through kind and loving words can create a sense of warmth and closeness.
Something for close relationships. Remember this if you want to improve a relationship with a dear one, a spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc.
9. Empathy: Showing empathy and understanding during challenging times makes people feel supported and cared for.
Showing empathy goes a long way. You don’t know what others have gone through or are going through, so don’t judge without knowing.
If You are authentic and sincere in your communication, adjust your words to suit the individual and the situation. Take into account the context of your relationship with them. And you can create a magical moment with your words that will change your life and the other person’s, depending on how you deliver them.
Welcome to the World of Magic: Embracing the Enchantment of Life
Embrace the adventure that awaits, and let the magic unfold.